You just obtain your Japanese Working Visa and excited to fly to Japan. Wait you are not done yet. One must be a registered OFW first through POEA before going to Japan. You are in the right site if you are looking for step by step guide.
Note: Based on my personal experience and this guide is intended for Name hire ( Skilled/ Professional Worker)
- Passport with validity of not less than 6 months from the intended date of departure.
- Valid Japanese Working Visa
- Employment Contract or Offer of Employment ( Must be Verified by POLO in Phil Embassy in Tokyo)
- Copy of Diploma, Employment Certificate, and Training Certificates ( If applicable)
- Valid Medical Certificate from DOH- Accredited Clinic authorized to conduct medical exam for OFW.
- Pre Departure Orientation and Seminar Certificate by OWWA ( Note: You need to schedule this once done with pre assessment)
You need to photocopy all these documents (before submission)
- Obtain the number from the guard at the POEA entrance then proceed to 2nd Floor ( Name hire Section)
- Once your number called submit all the documents at the window and wait for their instruction.
- When called proceed to the window where your documents are evaluated. If everything is complete they will asked you to comply following below.
- Medical Referral to DOH- POEA Accredited Clinics | Take Medical Exam
- PDOS Referral ( seminar, check schedule at Commission on Filipino Overseas) Note: Japan and other Asian countries | Monday- Thursday 2- 4PM|Registration Fee 400 Pesos
- OFW Information Sheet to be filled
- Submitted documents returned with checklist / claim stub of requirements
- Once done with PDOS and assumed done with Medical Exam. Go back to Window 9 or where skilled/ professional booth and submit verified documents. Then receive Order of Payment
- Proceed to Window 8 for the release of original documents
- Go to Window 1 at the ground floor for assessment of payment
- Receive E-receipt which serves as your OEC
100 USD ( Philippine Peso Equivalent) – POEA Processing Fee
25 USD ( Philippine Peso Equivalent) – OWWA Membership
2400 Pesos – Philhealth ( 1 year Coverage)
UPDATE: August 24, 2017 – Offer Letter/Contract must be POLO Certified in Phil Embassy in Tokyo
Hope this guide helps you to process your POEA.