If you are looking for reliable remittance company that you could send your hard earned Japanese Yen to the Philippines. Then you come to the right place. This will be a guide especially for beginners who just recently came to Japan and looking for ways to send their money back home.
I heard about Metro Remit from a friend who recommended it. They had their main branch in Yokohama but have several authorized agents across Japan. Metro Remittance Japan is a subsidiary of a reputable Metro Bank Philippines. They are the second largest bank in terms of assets so you can depend on them when it comes to financial stability.
There are 4 ways for remittance payments
- Online Bank Transfer
- Postal Payment card
- Over the Counter
- Authorized Agents
THIS GUIDE IS INTENDED FOR AUTHORIZED AGENTS
SANROAD INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD. (Minato-ku)
Address: 106-0032 Tokyo-to Minato-ku Roppongi 5-16-52 Imperial Roppongi II Bldg 501
BAYANI’S KITCHEN (Yokohama-shi)
Address: 231-0045 Kanagawa-ken Yokohama-shi Naka-ku Isezaki-cho 2-79 Hirayama Bldg 3F
MEKENI RESTAURANT (Fujisawa-shi)
Address: 251-0055 Kanagawa-ken Fujisawa-shi Minami-Fujisawa 4-2 Kikuya Bldg 3F
For other Prefecture, please find the lists here
WHAT TO BRING FOR REMITTANCE
- My Number (this is Mandatory, Government of Japan requires this) – this is only for initial remittance
- ID (Passport, or Zairyu Card)- this is only for initial remittance
- Japanese Yen for remittance.
HOW TO REMIT OVER THE COUNTER
- Visit any of the nearest authorize agent of Metro Remit. In Tokyo, its Sanroad International which is closed to Philippine Embassy.
- Please fill out remittance form, and check the appropriate boxes.
- Make sure to indicate the amount. Also if its Credit to Bank Account (Metrobank and other Phil Banks) or Cash Pick Up anywhere ( MLhuillier, Cebuana Lhuillier, Palawan Pawnshop, Metro Bank and PS Bank)
- Endorse the form together with your Japanese yen plus remittance fee.
- Once you got the remittance slip, verify again the recipient, amount details before you sign it.
- They will issue the slip like the photo below. Now, you can share your confirmation number to your recipient in the Philippines.
WHY YOU SHOULD USE METRO REMIT
- Financially stable and back up with big assets in the Philippines
- Remittance Fee is reasonable
- Fast and reliable (Credit to Metro bank) just takes 10 minutes to your account.
- Good Exchange Rate
*This is not a Sponsored Post. I just want to share my years of good experience with this remittance company.